Friday, July 31, 2009

Healing Field







The pictures don't quite do it justice (and didn't turn out as well as I'd hoped thanks to a slow camera and a squirmy little baby) but this tribute at the fairgrounds is amazing. There are 5000 flags tied with yellow ribbons and names of soldiers who paid the ultimate price fighting for our freedom. Wow. Really makes you stop and think of the sacrifice of these soldiers and their families. It doesn't seem adequate, but I am so grateful for our freedom and the price they paid to defend it. If you haven't had a chance to go see this, GO! It will be up for a few more days at the Weber fairgrounds. Don't miss your chance to walk through these flags and pay your respects to these fallen heroes.



2 comments:

Amber Shellabarger said...

Those pictures turned out awesome. The first one is amazing!!!

Ella said...

Wow! We need to get out there. That is amazing-- those are great pictures. I love his outfit. :o)